Thursday, December 22, 2005

One thing I must say about Byron Bay is it had the guts to stand up against a McDummy's moving in. I can only hope that they have as much guts against Starbucks when they try to invade. I haven't seen one yet, but I hear there's on in Noosa, (I'm staying south in Coolum and at the Maroochydore library writing this). McDeath is everywhere followed by Domino's and Baskin Robbins, KFC, Hugry Jacks (same as Burger King) and most disappointing of all, "Big W" with the slogan "We sell for less" so I know it's a Walmart. Sucks big time.
Also about my pics of Byron with the red fencing; it was gone the next day and workers were installing new plants around the sidewalks. The area looked much nicer, the heap of dung was gone and most of the plants were in the ground or just getting ready. The park behind it was still kind of sketchy looking, I think perhaps it's where indigents hang out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home