Monday, October 29, 2007

Finally, an alternative to Evite

I kept trying to upload a graphic to Evite that would customize an invitation. I looked at their standard templates and copied their standard main image size. When I uploaded my own, the program not only shrank it, but displayed it at a smaller-than-shrunk size. There was nothing about this in their online help, so I sent them an email, which will be responded to in 1-3 business days. Well that's great, one day before my event they might get back to me. Onto something else. I discovered Socializr, which has the added benefit of obtaining email lists and addresses from other sites and email programs. You can incorporate data from other sites easily.

And when I uploaded my image that was the same as their standard template images, it did not shrink it at all.

The reason I am blogging about this is I discovered Socializr on someone else's blog; it seems that blogs get higher results in Google.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Thanks so much for this! I ran into the same problem trying to upload a graphic to evite, and this new site totally rocks!

2:30 PM  
Blogger The Nealons said...

I went to the Socializr site, but can't find find a "create your own" or "upload your own" option anywhere. The only thing I see that can be changed is the stamp and I think that is in an upgraded (not free) version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home