Tuesday, October 30, 2007

That horrid non-follow up from Evite

Here is my inquiry:

Your template main images are 430 x 250. When I go to upload my main image and I create it at this size, Evite reduces it to a much smaller version. If I view the image alone it's reduced to 366 x 212, but it is not even displaying that large. I'm sorry, but the "enlarge image" just doesn't cut it. What size do I need to make my main image so that it matches the size of those used in your templates, and doesn't reduce in the invitation?

Here is their response:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The size of the image wouldn't matter, all uploaded images are automatically resized. It's not possible to not have an uploaded image not be resized.

If we can further assist you, please contact us.

Candice
Evite Support

Well yes, in fact you can further assist me. YOU CAN FIX YOUR FREAKING SOFTWARE.

Thank you very much.

8 Comments:

Blogger doodlebot said...

CANT AGREE MORE !... EVITE can't get this straight and it's utterly frustrating. I spent hour making really nice custom image only to figure out that it will be chewed up once uploaded.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Simply T said...

Oh - I wish I'd found your page before I sent almost exactly the same question to Evite. What a pain!

With luck, and enough complaints, they will make it possible to choose a reasonable image size.

:P

3:01 PM  
Blogger LAgirl said...

damn it! i just did the same thing! spent lots of time in photoshop, and now the main image is so damn small you can't even see it!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did the same thing. So frustrating. What does make sense is the automatic resizing of the photo to a preset thumbnail size. And, evites response that all images would be automatically resized is correct. What I don't understand if I make the image exactly the same as predefined images, why are custom images thumbnails much smaller.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Pablo said...

All the more reason to NOT use evite. I'm tired of their crappy interface. I've had evites not be sent, contacts lost, and invitations melt down and lose details. What a PIECE OF CRAP!

4:56 PM  
Blogger sonicbob said...

Just spent an hour trying to figure out why my custom image was getting scaled down (when their template images don't). Must have to do with royalties or something! Going to look for another invite service.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. All I can think is I have to comment on this to help it get to the top of the search results. I'm like everybody else, was wasting time and trying to trick it into working before finding this page. Thank you, and F*** Evite!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Pennylicious said...

Thanks for posting this issue. Is there an alternative to evite?

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home