Monday, November 13, 2006

Mt. Baker Opens Thursday

I might have to eat up a vacation day. I've never been to opening day but I've heard it's fantastic.

I got surf yesterday at Clallum Bay, best known for its detention center rather than its rivermouth perfection. It was a freak gift, first place we looked at on the strait, no one out, perfect lefts careening over a perfect sandbar. Some freakishly large ones rolled in; it was difficult to position yourself with the river current and inconsistent sets. I missed as many as I caught, but the ones I caught gave me clean barrel cover-ups down fast, steep lines...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ambient lighting said...

Turns out opening day, and the following weekend, were ruined by warm temps. Lost 20" of base from rain up there. Glad I didn't go!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home